By submitting this form you agree to the following rules and regulations.
1. NO CANDY OR ANY OTHER FORM OF HANDOUTS WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE HANDED OUT FROM ANY PARADE PARTICIPANTS WHO ARE RIDING IN A FLOAT, CART, BICYCLE OR ANY MOTORIZED VEHICLE. PARTICIPANTS WALKING, OR MARCHING, MAY DISTRIBUTE CANDY OR OTHER FORMS OF HANDOUTS. WHEN WALKING, PARTICIPANTS DISTRIBUTE CANDY, THEY SHOULD BE AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE FROM ANY MOTORIZED FLOAT OR VEHICLE. WE WISH TO PREVENT INJURY BY KEEPING CHILDREN AS FAR AWAY FROM ANY MOVING TRUCK WHEELS AS THEY PICK UP CANDY. AS LONG AS WE ADULTS USE COMMON SENSE, THE CHILDREN CAN STILL HAVE A GOOD TIME WITHOUT RISK OF INJURY.
2. If the rain date is needed, notification will be by 3:30 PM on any local area radio station.
3. Parade moves at 7:00 PM SHARP. Form no later than 6:30 PM.
4. Retain the registration number to collect your prize. Number must be turned in to River Rescue personnel located in the rear of the PNC Bank parking lot.
5. Registration number to be displayed on the right side since the reviewing stand will be located at 4th and Bridge Streets on PNC Bank parking lot.
6. Prizes will be mailed following the parade.
7. Parade route will proceed south on Bridge Street then turn right on 3rd Street and turn right at alley to rear of PNC Bank parking lot. The parade will disband at this area.
8. Floats and buses enter forming area coming south on Bridge Street. Bank bus parking at Kelly Financial and PNC parking lot, 4th and Bridge Streets.
9. No unauthorized vehicles will be permitted in forming area.
10. Keep adequate distance between entrants. Approx. 15 to 20 feet will be required.
11. In the event of an EMERGENCY, parade will halt and move to the right side of the street.
12. NO STOPPING for performance ON ANY part of the parade route.
13. All entrants will stay in line of march – forward.
14. Nothing is to be thrown or dropped, or passed out from any vehicle or float.
15. No explosive devices or sirens will be used with the exception of sirens to be used in the event of an emergency.
16. All motorized devices will be in the “6th Division” unless otherwise authorized by the Parade Committee.
17. All entrants will have a registration number except for fire and emergency vehicles.
18. Obscene or undesirable participants, suggestive demonstrations will be pulled from the line of march.
19. Do not abuse personal property (stay off lawns, collect your trash, stay off cars, etc.)
20. Temporary rest room facilities will be available at the forming area on Bridge Street.
21. You will be responsible for immediate clean-up of the street if you enter animals in this parade. You must provide your own clean-up personnel.
22. If in motor vehicles, there will be NO excessive revving of engines and NO squealing of tires.
23. If in motor vehicles and there are more than one in a group, vehicles will be in staggered position.
24. No political entry or special interest group will be allowed in the parade. This parade is present for the enjoyment of children; therefore, all participants must attempt to adhere to some form of Halloween subject. Any participant or group of participants attempting to display by dress or any other visual or audible means, clothing and/or pictures, what this Parade Committee deems unfit to be seen or heard by children will not be allowed in the parade. Anyone requested by Committee members to leave the parade and refuses to do so, will be subject to arrest for disorderly conduct. New Cumberland River Rescue is not a government agency and, therefore, may refuse admittance to anyone not following these rules.